Friday, April 1, 2016

Repurposing this Blog

I've decided to make this blog about my artistic and writing projects, and created another for all things home and homestead.  Today is the first day of NaPoWriMo, a 30 day challenge to write a poem a day for the month of April.  So here goes.

Day 1 prompt--optional, but this one seems like a good warm-up: write a "lune," an English language three-line poem with a 5-3-5 syllable count, similar to a haiku.

Anxious for release
Giggling teens
Await the last bell.

Sort of sums up my day. Let's try another, about my neighbor's dog who spends half his time in our yard. This time I strung a few stanzas together. 

Although he's not mine, 
Harley sits
Brown eyes full of hope. 

He watches my hands
Paw rising
Waiting for a treat.

The chickens don't mind
Sharing corn.
His fur is no threat.

Gentle guardian
To two homes
Enough love for all.

Well, it's not great, but a fine exercise. Until tomorrow...




1 comment: